Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DIY Snuggly Burp Cloth Tutorial


When I made my snuggly swaddle blanket I had some remaining fabric, so I decided to make a couple of matching burp cloths. I also made a matching strap to secure the burp cloth when not in use. I find it great for space saving in my diaper bag.

What you will need
Print out the Pattern http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2008/01/burp-cloth-tutorial.html
1/2 yard of fabric for front (I used flannel)
1/2 yard of fabric for back (I used fleece)
Like thread
Velcro 1" by 1" (optional)

1. Print and cut out the burp cloth pattern


Photobucket
2. lay your fabrics right sides together and pin pattern to fabric.


Photobucket
3. Cut out your pattern.


4. Pin fabric and sew right sided together using a 1/4" seam allowance.


Photobucket
5. Leave a corner unsewn and flip fabric so the right sides no longer face each other.


Photobucket
6. Fold in edging, iron and sew closed.


7. Sew the around to create a border using a 5/8 in. seam allowance.


The Rest is optional.


Photobucket
8. Cut 2 5 1/2" by 2" strips of the flannel fabric.

Photobucket

9. Pin right sides together


10. Sew using a 1/4" seam allowance. Leave one edge unsewn.


Photobucket
11. Flip so right sides no longer face each other.


12. Fold in the unsewn edge, pin, iron, and sew closed.


13. Add velcro to the edge of the front side and the contrasting peice to the edge of back side.


Photobucket
14. Sew velcro to strap.


15. Enjoy your new burp cloth and matching strap.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment