Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fuzzy Swaddle Blanket Turtorial


Today I decided to make a swaddle blanket and some matching burp cloths. My husband really wanted our baby to have a snuggle soft blanket to swaddle her in. I let him pick out his favorite fabric and decided to make a swaddle blanket that her daddy chose.

I started with the Swaddle Blanket.
Time: 15-40 minutes depending on experience

You will need:
1.5 yard of fabric for back (I used a flannel)
1.5 yard of fabric for front (I used a fleece)
Matching thread
Sewing machine

1. Cut a 2 39" by 39" squares

Photobucket

2. Use a small plate (or Cd, or tupperware lid etc.) to trace a rounded corner for all four sides of blanket. Trace and cut away.

Photobucket

3. Pin together right sides facing together.

Photobucket

4. Sew along the edge with a 1/4 in. seam allowance.

Photobucket

5. Make sure to leave a edge unsewn to flip fabric, so right sides are not facing any longer.

Photobucket

6. Fold in the corner edge, iron and sew off.

Photobucket

7. Sew a border with like color thread allowing a 5/8 in. seam allowance.

Love your new creation.

Photobucket







No comments:

Post a Comment