Today I decided to make a swaddle blanket and some matching burp cloths. My husband really wanted our baby to have a snuggle soft blanket to swaddle her in. I let him pick out his favorite fabric and decided to make a swaddle blanket that her daddy chose.
I started with the Swaddle Blanket.
Time: 15-40 minutes depending on experience
You will need:
1.5 yard of fabric for back (I used a flannel)
1.5 yard of fabric for front (I used a fleece)
1. Cut a 2 39" by 39" squares
2. Use a small plate (or Cd, or tupperware lid etc.) to trace a rounded corner for all four sides of blanket. Trace and cut away.
3. Pin together right sides facing together.
4. Sew along the edge with a 1/4 in. seam allowance.
5. Make sure to leave a edge unsewn to flip fabric, so right sides are not facing any longer.
6. Fold in the corner edge, iron and sew off.
7. Sew a border with like color thread allowing a 5/8 in. seam allowance.
Love your new creation.