Friday, February 26, 2010

Owl theme Crib Quilt *The Beginning


Photobucket

I am working on the Crib quilt right now. I still have some more to complete, but here is what it looks like pieced together. I have never worked with applique, so this is fun for me. In fact, this is only the 3d quilt I have ever made. I always get nervous with quilts because I don't want to screw it up. I have a fear of failing a quilt silly I know. My mother was a great quilter. I would have sleepovers while our mom would pull an all nighter and come up with this awesome quilt. There cuts were perfect, their stitches amazing and straight and the whole quilt look like it should be in an art museum. Since I can remember I remember my mom behind a sewing machine, or on the couch hand stitching a huge quilt.

Uh Oh, an "I remember" story...
I remember one day I decided that I wanted to surprise my mom and sew my dolly a new dress, so I hid in my room and started my project. I carefully started to cut out two pieces of fabric in the shape of a dress and then BOOM there was blood everywhere. I accidentally cut the tip of my index finger off. I was so scared because I had never seen so much blood before. I tried to make it stop by holding anything to it, but what ever I held there, blood would be seeping from it moments later. Moments later I had to get my mom. Thank goodness we had a retired nurse as a neighbor and she help out.

Well it seems I am having lots of memories today. I am beginning to sound old, when in fact I am just 23. Not even 23 yet. My birthday is tomorrow. I am an almost 23 year old with a 37 weeks pregnant belly remembering the simpler time and wishing I would get off my ass and finish my babies quilt.


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment